”An affordable way to upload music to stores like Apple Music or Amazon.TechCrunchAmerican online publisher focusing on the tech industry.
As a musician who created own original music I asked myself: how to add my songs to Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, TikTok and other music stores. Here’s what I found!
DistroKid is the easiest way for musicians to get music into Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Tidal, TikTok, YouTube, and more. You can upload as much as you want and keep 100% of your earnings.
I present you a list of advantages:
- DistroKid will get your music into Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, Google Play, Tidal, iHeartRadio, YouTube, Deezer and 150+ other stores & streaming services.
- DistroKid is for solo musicians, bands, DJs, performers, producers, and YouTube creators who record music at home or in the studio. DistroKid have services for labels, too.
- You will keep 100% of your royalties, get paid monthly.
- In stores 10-20x faster than any other distributor, at a fraction of the price.
- I paid only $19.99 to upload unlimited albums & songs for a year (DistroKid’s competitors charge at least 2x that just to upload one album).
- You can keep all your earnings—or set up “splits” to automatically route any percentage of earnings, from any track, to anyone.
- Bonus features! Distribute cover songs legally. You will get paid when other people use your music in YouTube. Unlimited backups. Instant Spotify verified checkmark. Manage your Apple Music page. Get your credits & lyrics into stores. Get a YouTube Official Artist Channel. Spotify pre-save. So much more…
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is DistroKid?
DistroKid is a service for musicians that puts your music into online stores & streaming services. Then when people listen to your music, DistroKid send you money.
Why should I use DistroKid?
All your music should be in stores. DistroKid is the only service that lets you upload unlimited music to stores for one low price. Other services make you pay every time you upload something—that’s way less fun (and way more expensive).
Also, DistroKid gets your music into stores in a fraction of the time it takes their competitors to get your music into stores. They have great customer service, daily stats, loads of features, and a simple interface, too.
Who uses DistroKid?
DistroKid is for solo musicians, bands, DJs, performers, producers, and YouTube creators who record music at home or in the studio. DistroKid have services for labels, too.
How much will it cost me?
Only $19.99 to upload unlimited songs & albums for a year.
How much of my sales does DistroKid keep?
None. You keep 100% of your royalties.
How Long Does It Take for My Album to Be Available in Stores?
It can take several days for albums to be reviewed, approved, and sent to stores. If it’s important that your album go live on a specific date, click here to read about release dates. Otherwise, by default, your release should go live once ingested by stores according to the rough schedule below.
iTunes/Apple Music: 1-7 days. A very small percentage of albums go through manual review at Apple, which takes an additional 1-2 weeks or so.
Spotify: 2-5 days
Amazon: 1-2 days
Google Play/YouTube Music: 1-2 days.
Deezer: 1-2 days
TIDAL: 1-2 days
Facebook/Instagram: 1-2 weeks.
TikTok: 1-3 weeks.